GeT Know-HowWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
While the user interacts with their software, relevant content from the ‘GeT Everything’ library is loaded in a dockable window, including access to full course material.
How to Open ‘GeT Know-How’:
To open ‘GeT Know-How’ for the first time and access your on-demand eTraining resource, click the ‘GeT Know-How’ icon in the Add-Ins section of the ribbon toolbar for your Autodesk software.
Once open, you will be prompted to log in with your Global eTraining credentials or create a free trial account.
‘GeT Know-How’ Window Top Bar Controls:
- Slide Filter Icon: Click this icon to filter training content to show ‘GeT Interactive’ course slides (Icon Graphic: Laptop with Cursor).
- eDemo Filter Icon: Click this icon to filter training content to show video content (Icon Graphic: Video).
- Let Me Try Filter Icon: Click this icon to filter training content to show practical exercises (Icon Graphic: Game Controller).
- Reactive Mode Toggle Icon: When enabled, predictive content is automatically loaded within the ‘GeT Know-How’ window (Icon Graphic: Lighting Bolt).
- Search Box: Search for specific training resources by keyword.
‘GeT Know-How’ Window Bottom Bar Controls:
- Catalog Icon: Click this icon to select which courses you would like to view within ‘GeT Know-How’ from our catalog, relative to your workflow within the Autodesk software you are currently using (Icon Graphic: Open Book).
- Information Icon: This icon opens a window with additional information including the current plugin version you are using, the version and language of the Autodesk software you are running, and a link to contact our help desk support team (Icon Graphic: Info).
- Log-out Icon: Click this icon to log out of your Global eTraining account (Icon Graphic: Right-Arrow).
‘GeT Know-How’ requires a subscription to the ‘GeT Everything’ library and the successful installation of compatible Autodesk software for 64-bit Windows (Autodesk® Revit®, Autodesk® AutoCAD®, Autodesk® Civil 3D®, Autodesk® AutoCAD® Plant 3D, Autodesk® Inventor®.)
Click Here for a free 7-day trial of the ‘GeT Everything’ library
Click Here to purchase an individual subscription to the ‘GeT Everything’ library
Click Here to learn about implementing ‘GeT Everything’ across your organization
After downloading the plugin, use the installer to automatically load 'GeT Know-How' into your Autodesk software. 'GeT Know-How' will be installed in the following directory: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\GeT Know-How.bundle
To uninstall, use the standard Microsoft Windows uninstaller.
'GeT Know-How' requires an internet connection to access the cloud-based eTraining content.
By clicking the “Information” icon in the plugin, users will be directed to our help desk support team: https://globaletraining.na1.teamsupport.com/dashboard
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Update supports 2023 versions of Autodesk software.|
|Includes some fixes to avoid potential errors.|
|Includes some fixes and integrates a new web browser for better compatibility and to help support future features.|
|- Support for 2022 versions of Autodesk software - Added a button to open a web browser to the LMS. This will sign the user in automatically on our LMS. - Fixed an issue with not being able to use 'tab' to switch between username and password fields on the login screen.|
|- Added support for 2021 versions of Autodesk software.|
|- Updated reporting capabilities for organizations to manage training activities - Enhanced full screen eDemo video display - Version update alerts|