ProtoTech's STEP Exporter for Revit®Win64, English
General Usage Instructions
- Download and install the app.
- Launch Revit and Load a model.
- There’s an ‘Add-ins’ tab on the ribbon bar. It contains the following ribbon buttons as shown in the image below: ‘Export', ‘Preference’, and 'About Us'.
- Click on the ‘Export’ button to export the model to .step or .stp file.
- This will launch save as dialog in which you can specify the directory and filename of your choice.
- From preferences, you can set the options for the output file. The options are as follows:-
- Write Free Points - By default, points are not exported to STEP. Check this to write out points.
- Write Free Edges - By default, wire data is not exported to STEP. Check this to write wire data.
- Application Protocol - We can select the required STEP Application Protocol in which we want to export the current STEP model. AP203, AP214, AP242 are application protocols supported from this version
- Reset Defaults - Click this button to reset to default settings for STEP.
7. 'About Us' button displays information about the company, product, and license details.
To work this plugin with Revit, it is mandatory to have the Prototech Plugin Engine installed on your system machine. The installer of STEPExporterForRevit will install plug-in engine if it is not installed and further it will install StepExporterForRevit.
To uninstall this plug-in, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Note:- Uninstallation of the Plugin Engine is done separately. It can be done from the Control Panel.
1.Export of Polymesh type entity is not supported.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|1. Added support on Revit 2024.|
|1. Export of Step Application Protocol AP203, AP214, AP242 supported 2. Wire data export is supported. 3. Supports Revit 2020 and 2021|