STEP Importer for Autodesk® Revit®Win64, English
General Usage Instructions
- Download and install the app.
- Launch Revit application.
- There’s an ‘Add-ins’ tab on the ribbon bar. It contains the following ribbon buttons as shown in the image below: ‘Import', ‘Preference’, and 'About Us'.
- Click on the ‘Import’ button to import the .step model in Revit.
- This will launch a file open dialog in which you can select the file you want to import in Revit.
- From preferences, you can set the options for the input file. The options are as follows:-
- Transfer attributes - By default, This is checked. Check to transfer attributes such as color.
- Read Free Points - check to read in free points.
- Read Free Edges - Check to read in free edges (Wireframes)
- Reset Defaults - Click this button to reset to default settings for STEP.
7. About Us' button displays information about the company, product, and license details.
To work this plugin with Revit, it is mandatory to have the Prototech Plugin Engine installed on your system machine. The installer of StepImporterForRevit will install the plug-in engine if it is not installed and further install StepImporterForRevit.
To uninstall this plug-in, Click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Note:- Uninstallation of the Plugin Engine is done separately. It can be done from the Control Panel.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|1.Free Points are supported. 2.Free Edges/Wire data import supported. 3.Support Revit 2020, 2021 and 2022|