Express Family Web3dWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
A. Web3d Export
This command exports the BIM model working in Autodesk Revit to a packaged Web3D file.
It is active when the model view is 3D, and the appearance of the section box being set can be exported as it is.
Menu Command : Add-in ribbon menu > Express Family Web3d > Web3d Export
- Output: Shows the export saving path. The combination of the document name + view name is displayed at the beginning.
- Select...: The user manually changes the save path and file name.
- Preferences...: Shows a dialog box for setting the Web3D export environment.
- Export: Start exporting to Web3D file.
- Close: Close the export dialog.
- Cancel: Cancel the export process.
B. Quick View
This command is used when you want to quickly review only selected objects in a project or family model.
(Quick View command works only when the server is started)
C. Server Settings
This command sets the packaged Web3D files to share with each other through the company's network.
Menu Command : Add-in ribbon menu > Express Family Web3d > Server Setting
- Addr: Shows the Internet IP address that is being used by the system you are using ('http://localhost' is displayed when not connected)
- Port: Sets the port of the viewer service. (The default is 8080. It can be set by the user)
- Test: Clicking the 'Test' button runs the web browser and shows the selected model.
- Append: Selecting a packaged Web3d file adds it to the list.
- Rename: Change the Web3d service name. (For example, if the service name is r1, "http://192.168.0.26:8080/r1" becomes the connection address.)
- Start: Runs the server so that the items checked in the service list can be accessed with a web browser.
- Stop: Shut down the running server.
Configures Web3d files generated by Web3D Export and Quick View commands. (Model and texture Level Of Detail, parameters, etc.)
Menu Command: Add-in ribbon menu > Express Family Web3d > Preferences
- User web browser: Select the web browser that runs when you click the 'Test' button in the Server Setting dialog box.
- View LOD: Set the model's LOD. (1~10 steps)
- Texture LOD: Sets the texture's LOD. (Step 1~3)
- Parameters: Choose whether to include the element's parameters.
- Texture: Select whether to include the element's texture information.
- Rooms: Select whether to include room information.
E. Express Family Web3d viewer
After operating the server of the Express Family Web3d App, this function provides access of the service address to the Internet browser (Chrome recommended).
Enter the address displayed in the Server Environment dialog box in the address bar of the web browser (For example, http://localhost:8080/r1 or http://18.104.22.168:8080/r1)
When the viewer opens, enter your ID to join the 3D model chat. (This model corresponds to a chat room.)
- Toolbar menu
- Zoom in selection: Enlarges the object selected by the user.
- Zoom in button: Enlarges the entire area of the model
- Chat icon toggle button: Function to turn on or off the icon of yourself and others on the screen.
- Light Toggle Button: Function to turn this on or off if there is a lighting object in the model. (Lighting has a major impact on viewer speed and is initially shown with the light off. In certain cases, the user can operate using this menu)
- Select Similar Objects: This is a function to select all objects similar to the object selected by the user. (Select the same object as the Revit category same as selected object)
- Wireframe Enabled: Turns the model's wireframe on or off.
- Save Screen: A function to capture the current state of the viewer as an image and save it as an image file. (The icon is not captured.)
- Save 360 Image: Saves the current view as a 360 image file.
- Save GLTF file: Saves the current view as a GLTF file. (Saved in binary format, glb)
- Save chat message: It is a function to save a user's mutual chat contents to a file. (The chat content contains not only the message but also the location information of each user, and the information of the selected object, so you can change the attribute or position of the corresponding object later in Revit.)
- Chatting Icon
An icon appears when the user selects a particular object. The male icon means oneself and the other person is displayed as a female icon. (The icons can be changed directly by the user, please follow the 32x32 size)
The sub-command icon with the mouse over the chat icon looks like this
- Chatting ID: Indicates the logged-in user.
- Element Information: The attribute information of the selected object is displayed.
- Chatting Box: If you move the mouse over the sub-icon, an input box will be displayed where you can send a message to the other party.
- View-Share: This function to share your view with the other party. (You can see the model in the same place as you)
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10/11) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Notes on using Express Family Web 3d App.
This App is suitable for simultaneous 3 to 4 people optimized to consider models under Web3d 200Mb.
(For high-capacity models and many users, you need to build a server system. For details, please contact the development company)
|Version Number||Version Description|
|- Revit 2022/2023 support|
|- Revit 2021 support - Large model loading and model review enhance - Save 360° image file - Save Glb (gltf binary format) file - Walking move - Quick measure - Room information inquiry|
|- RPC element support - Quick view feature added - Modify web3d server settings feature - Find and highlight similar symbols in the web3d viewer|
|Initial release on Autodesk App Store.|