Express Family Web3dWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
A. Web3d file conversion
Provides the ability to convert Revit project models into compatible file formats in a web browser. (Supports Material and image texture information set in Revit)
This function works in 3D view.
Menu Command : Add-in ribbon menu > Family Web3d > Export Tab
- Save file: Specify a web3d file to save the model of the Revit project.
- Camera up vector : Includes an option to select the camera up direction as 0, 0, 1 or 0, 1, 0. Generally, web3d sets the up direction of the camera to 0, 1, 0, but Revit's coordinate system is 0, 0, 1, so it is used when converting according to the situation. (Express Family Web3d Viewer supports 0, 0, 1)
- Units: This option is used to select units of the model.
- Parameter Export: This option allows you to select whether to export parameter information of the Revit model.
- Texture Export: This option allows you to choose whether to export texture information for Revit models. Not exporting texture information reduces conversion time and space.
- Export: Button to start file conversion.
- Close: This button closes the dialog box. (The server will not shut down even if the Express Family Web3d Viewer server is started, and the server will automatically stop when Autodesk Revit exits.)
B. Quick View
Quickly review family 3D information in Revit's projects and family documents.
C. Server Settings
This function is used to register the Web3d file as a service and set to access from an internal network or web. To be accessible on the web, you need to make sure that the IP you are using is reachable from the outside.
Menu Command : Add-in ribbon menu > Express Family Web3d > Server Tab
- Addr: Shows the Internet IP address that is being used by the system you are using ('http://localhost' is displayed when not connected)
- Port: Sets the port of the viewer service. (The default is 8080. It can be set by the user)
- Append: This button is used to register the model to be serviced. (The number that can be registered is not limited)
- Rename: Modify the service name when Web3d model is Web service. (For example, if the service name is r1, "http://22.214.171.124:8080/r1" becomes the connection address.)
- Start: This button is used to start the server service. You can't add or delete services while the server is running.
- Stop: This button stops the server service.
D. Express Family Web3d viewer
After operating the server of Express Family Web3d App, this function provides accessing of the service address to the Internet browser (Chrome recommended).
Enter the address displayed in the Server Environment dialog box in the address bar of the web browser (For example, http://localhost:8080/r1 or http://126.96.36.199:8080/r1)
When the viewer opens, enter your ID to join the 3D model chat. (This model corresponds to a chat room.)
- Toolbar menu
- Zoom in selection: Enlarges the object selected by the user.
- Zoom in button: Enlarges the entire area of the model
- Chat icon toggle button: Function to turn on or off the icon of yourself and others on the screen.
- Light Toggle Button: Function to turn this on or off if there is a lighting object in the model. (Lighting has a major impact on viewer speed and is initially shown with the light off. In certain cases, the user can operate using this menu)
- Select Similar Objects: This is a function to select all objects similar to the object selected by the user. (Select the same object as Revit category same as selected object)
- Save Screen: A function to capture the current state of the viewer as an image and save it as an image file. (The icon is not captured.)
- Save chat message: It is a function to save a user's mutual chat contents to a file. (The chat content contains not only the message but also the location information of each user, and the information of the selected object, so you can change the attribute or position of the corresponding object later in Revit.)
- Chatting Icon
An icon that appears when the user selects a particular object. The male icon means oneself and the other person is displayed as a female icon. (The icons can be changed directly by the user, please follow the 32x32 size)
The sub-command icon with the mouse over the chat icon looks like this
- Chatting ID: Indicates the logged-in user.
- Element Information: The attribute information of the selected object is displayed.
- Chatting Box: If you move the mouse over the sub-icon, an input box will be displayed where you can send a message to the other party.
- View-Share: This function to share your view with the other party. (You can see the model in the same place as you)
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Notes on using Express Family Web 3d App.
This App is suitable for simultaneous 3 to 4 people optimized to consider models under Web3d 120Mb.
(For high-capacity models and many users, you need to build a server system. For details, please contact the development company)
|Version Number||Version Description|
|- RPC element support - Quick view feature added - Modify web3d server settings feature - Find and highlight similar symbols in the web3d viewer|
|Initial release on Autodesk App Store.|