Mesh Import from OBJ filesWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
Run the Mesh Import add-in in Revit.
Select an OBJ file.
Set options -- scale, Category, Material and orientation.
Categories available are Casework, Entourage, Furniture, Generic Models, Lighting Fixtures, Mass, Mechanical Equipment, Planting, Roads, Site, and Structural Framing.
Pick a point on the current work plane for insertion
The import may be moved and rotated as needed. It will take on the appearance of its Category & Material. It can also be rendered the same as other elements in Revit. To re-scale, simply undo or delete, then re-import using a different scale in the app's dialog box. The new shape may be copied freely in the project.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Import meshes from OBJ files
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
See https://truevis.com/revit-mesh-import for app details and to give feedback.
See http://revthat.com/preparing-meshes-for-import-to-revit-as-directshape/ for advice on preparing meshes for import into Revit.
- For English Language Revit
- There is some size limit. It can be worked around by simplifying one’s mesh, etc.
- Meshes should be manifold
- Some aspects of the OBJ format such as smoothing are not imported. This can be worked around by editing and exporting from mesh software like MeshLab
- Groups defined in the OBJ are imported as separate shapes
- Some meshes or data in OBJ files may be incompatible with Mesh Import
- Resultant shapes can neither be mirrored nor scaled in Revit
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Ver 1.004 - Updated for 2019 and 2020 Ver 2 - Added Material choice for the meshes Ver 2.001 - Updated for 2021|
|Ver 1.004 - Updated for 2019 and 2020 Ver 2 - Added Material choice for the meshes|
|Updated for 2017. Changed inch scaling factor to 0.0833333 for 2016 & 2017.|