The Family Exporter 2021Win64, English
General Usage Instructions
Selection and Export
- Start by checking or unchecking the categories in the category list. NOTE: the family list filter boxes are cleared when you add or remove categories. This is to ensure that all families in a selected category will be visible in the family list. Complete the category list selection before starting to filter the family list. Use the collapse category list button to increase family list readability.
- Set the export path. If you select an existing folder, the already exported family’s checkboxes will get a light green background. If needed you could select the item and verify the last export date in the info area. If a valid export path is missing you will be reminded to set one when checking family list items.
- Filter the family list by filling in filter boxes. Filters are type “must contain the string”. Filters are not case sensitive.
- Optional: Check the overwrite checkbox or leave it unchecked. An additional dialog popup will let you select the overwrite option when the export is running.
- Continue by checking all items to be exported.
Check the header checkbox to check all items in the current list
or check items one by one
or make multiple selections and then check all selected
or use spacebar to check and up/down arrow to select the next item
or any combination of the methods above.
- Unchecking items are just as simple.
- Click the export button. The button is only enabled when items in the families list are checked.
- All successfully exported items should have green checkboxes.
- Select the family list item and verify the export date and time.
- Right-click the export path label. This will open windows file explorer showing the export folder content.
List Sorting and Filtering
- Sort any list ascending or descending by clicking the column header.
- The family list could be filtered by adding or removing characters in the filter boxes.
- Use the refresh list button to refresh the family and category lists.
- The refresh list button is intended to ensure that nothing is missing before filtering and selecting family list items.
NOTE: this function will also clear the filter boxes and uncheck all items in the family list.
- The family list will be automatically updated when swapping the Autodesk® Revit® model followed by moving the mouse pointer into the family list area.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
This application user interface utilizes the Windows WPF dockable panel. At present this application can only be initialized either at the Revit Startup or In Zero Document state. If the Revit is active in a Non-Zero Document State (a document is open) when installing this application, you must either close all documents or restart the Revit before the application dockable panel can be opened.
Use SjodenByggDesignAB@telia.com for support, error reports, comments and suggestions.
|Version Number||Version Description|