ElumTools 2018Win64, English
General Usage Instructions
- Validate lighting fixtures families in ElumTools Luminaire Manager:
- Assign photometric sources to your Lighting Fixture families (if not already there)
- Correct source position if necessary
- Verify Lumens and Watts
- Add Light Loss Factors
- Prepare materials for lighting calculations in ElumTools Materials Manager:
- Check surface reflectances and colors for Walls, Ceilings, Floors and “Map” if necessary
- Check surface type for transparent and transmissive surfaces
- Add calculation grids for point-by-point illuminance:
- Add calculation points to workplane or floor using the ElumTools Add Points command
- Place additional points on other surfaces as desired using ElumTools Add Points Planar Face command
- Calculate Room(s) or Space(s)
- If using Revit Architecture use the Calculate Rooms command to select one or more rooms to compute
- If using Revit MEP use either the Calculate Rooms or Spaces commands to select the areas to compute.
- View the results
- Interact with the visualization to understand the lighting effect, try using the Pseudocolor mode to quantify illuminance on every surface
- Navigate to the appropriate Revit view you want to see the point-by-point information displayed, then use the ElumTools View Results command to see the values.
i. Experiment with Revit’s Analysis Visualization Framework (AVF) for point display by selecting the View Properties, Default Analysis
ii. Change units from the Properties of the Analysis Results
- Schedule Statistics
- Build a Revit schedule as desired. All statistical information is available in View properties
ElumTools is installed from the MSI-based installer. It can be uninstalled from Windows control panel.
In preparation for the calculation of accurate lighting results using ElumTools you will need:
- Volume Computations enabled in Revit
- To have placed your lighting fixtures in position the project
- Room or Space volumes enabled
- To verify that all surfaces have materials assigned
- If using linked models, the luminaires and rooms/spaces used in the calculation must be in the host model
Please see our known limitations help topic.
|Version Number||Version Description|
See our website for the latest changes.