PointCloud to SurfaceWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
1. Insert pointcloud into Autodesk® Revit® via the pointcloud insert tab. We suggest working in a 3D view and activating the section box to focus on specific structures in the scan.
2. Run the plugin with the PointCloud to the Surface button on the add-ins tab.
3. Select the pointcloud instance you wish to select points from
4. Draw a selection box around the points you wish to convert to a surface element
5. You will be prompted to choose whether to create a topo, floor, or roof element.
6. Choose the maximum number of points with the decimate slider, and for floor and roof, you will be able to designate a type and level to the new element.
7. The app will convert your selected point data to a new element that accurately matches the original scan data.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Works with structured and unstructured pointcloud instances. Supports shared co-ordinates. writes 10-800 points for floors and roofs, 200-20,000.
Note: App must be purchased with the same Autodesk account which is used to log in to Revit or the App will not run.
It does not work with Revit Family files (.rfa). Rotation of pointcloud instance may lead to unusual results.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Small updates to code to support 2022.|
|First Release of PointCloud to Surface.|