PointCloud to SurfaceWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
1. Insert pointcloud into Autodesk® Revit® via the pointcloud insert tab. We suggest working in a 3D view and activating the section box to focus on specific structures in the scan.
2. Run the plugin with the PointCloud to the Surface button on the add-ins tab.
3. Select the pointcloud instance you wish to select points from
4. Draw a selection box around the points you wish to convert to a surface element
5. You will be prompted to choose whether to create a topo, floor, or roof element.
6. Choose the maximum number of points with the decimate slider, and for floor and roof, you will be able to designate a type and level to the new element.
7. The app will convert your selected point data to a new element that accurately matches the original scan data.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Works with structured and unstructured pointcloud instances. Supports shared co-ordinates. writes 10-800 points for floors and roofs, 200-20,000.
It does not work with Revit Family files (.rfa).
|Version Number||Version Description|
|First Release of PointCloud to Surface.|