Magic Rename ToolWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
- First, start the add-in and find the items you want to rename in the list that is shown on screen. You can use category filters or filter by name. Also, you are able to sort the list by clicking on the column headers.
- Then, define the renaming rules that will be applied to all the items that you checked in the list. You can preview the new names on the list, they are shown in blue. Preview names that appear in gray mean that they are not affected by current renaming rules.
- Click on the "Rename" button and let the app do the work. If you process a lot of items at once, it is advised to save your document first.
Tip: You can directly preselect elements (except Families) in the project browser before running the app to save some time.
How to use numbering rules:
In one of the textbox, type in the starting number between brackets to increment a sequence with a step of 1. You can specify the step by writing it after the start number, separated with a semicolon.
For example: typing "" will increment a series from 0 with a step of 1. Typing "[10;2]" will increment a series from 10 with a step of 2.
Tip: You can drag & drop items with a right-click to reorder them.
It is possible to insert this add-in in your custom tab.
- Find the folder where the add-in is installed (typically C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\pglMagicRename.bundle)
- In the \Contents\Resources folder, open the file TabName.txt.
- Then, write on the first line of the document the name of the tab you want to insert the add-in panel in.
- If the name of the tab does not exist yet, it will be created.
- If you type in "default", the add-in will be inserted in the "Add-Ins" tab.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. Or, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. Or, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|What''s new: - You can now renumber elements (numbering rules were added among renaming rules) - Added elements that can be renamed: View types, Text types, Filters, Rooms, Spaces, Scope boxes, Schedule templates|
|Fixed bug with schedules renaming. Added possibility to preselect elements in the project browser.|
|Added Sheet Number edition|