OBJ Exporter For Autodesk® Revit®Win64, English
General Usage Instructions
1. Download and install OBJ Exporter plugin for Revit.
2. Run Revit and load a model (part or assembly).
3. There’s a new tab on ribbon bar named as 'ProtoTech OBJ Exporter'. It contains the following three ribbon buttons.
After clicking here, a 'Save As' dialog will display on our screen.
You can write name of the file.
Click Save button to export the current model to OBJ file.
It contains the following options.
- Precision : You can control how accurately your model needs to be exported. If you need fine representation of the model, just check the “use Precision” check box and the slider will be enabled. You can slide and select the values from 0 to 15. Higher is the value, finer is the representation you will get and larger is the file size.
Default is full precision.
- Export Normals : You can select whether you want to export normals or not. Default is set to export normals.
- Tessellation : You can choose from Body level and face level. Default is face level.
It displays the information about product. It provides facility to activate your product license
at any time from this control.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|1.Enhancement:Upgraded licensing system.|
|1.Enhancement : Added support for Autodesk Revit 2020. 2.Fixed : Fixes to license system|
|1. Enhancement : Added support for exporting active views 2. Enhancement : Added model units in OBJ file as comment|
|1.Fixed : Selected entities were not getting exported for some models. 2.Enhancement : Added "Accept terms and conditions" checkbox in trial license information dialog.|
|1. Enhancement: Added support for Autodesk Revit 2019.|
|1.Feature: Added feature to control the mesh quality of exported model. 2.Fixed: Bug in license activation for Revit 2017..|
|1. Fixed: Bug in GUI license activation due to same license key for Automation and GUI mode.|
|1. Fixed: Export was not working for specific Revit model files. 2. Fixed: Crash while exporting selected entities with texture. 3. Enhancement: Added support for entourage type of entities.|
|1. Update : Added support for Revit 2018. 2. Update : Updated technical support contact details.|