General Usage Instructions
1. Click on the button to show the BetterClassifier Panel
2. Click on the gear button to set up a new classification system.
- Provide Text file with the classification (template file see here)
- Choose one or two parameters (must be assigned to all categories in model).
- if using one parameter, a separator can be chosen that will be inserted between code and description
- if you want to use two parameters, then no separator is needed.
3. Assign classification to elements in one of the following ways
- select elements in the model and click on the "+" symbol next to the classification node that you want to apply. If it is not visible, turn on the "unused" toggle.
- You can right click on the node and choose "Classify selection"
- Use the "Unclassified Elements" slider and drag'n'drop the category, family or type to the classification node that you want to assign.
- Alternatively, right click on an unclassified element and use the search function.
4. Use the lightbulb to easily switch on/off the elements of a specific classification.
5. Right-click on a classification to see more options (selection, change visibility)
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|