The Librarian is an accessible way to manage and load component families into the Autodesk® Revit® project. The app caches families belonging to the currently active project and any folders containing families within the local computer or in the network. This app allows teams to organize families by discipline, speciality, project-type or any other way deemed fit. BIM Managers may standardize libraries and distribute the pre-cached database file (Librarian.db) to ensure that all users have access to the same folder paths. Below are the salient features:
- Search-able libraries across multiple folders
- Load only the required types instead of all types - this works with Type-Catalogs as well
- See preview images of each family along with type properties
- Cached families across multiple folders and load them on demand without having to preload them into the project template.
- Libraries from previous version years can be viewed and loaded into projects.
The goal of this app is to remove barriers to loading families into the project. Please note that 2019 and previous versions have not been upgraded to the 2.0.0 version and will display the older user interface.