The Structural Analysis Toolkit for Autodesk® Revit® software is a suite of tools that supports the Building Information Modeling (BIM) process and allows structural engineers to analyze structures from within the Revit environment.
The toolkit contains the following items:
• Structural Analysis for Revit
• The link with Autodesk® Robot™ Structural Analysis Professional 2016
• Structural Results Storage & Exploration tools
Using this toolkit structural designers and engineers can optimize their workflows in the cloud and on the desktop by using the analytical model built in Revit to conduct cloud-based structural analysis with access to Autodesk 360 services and by extending the Revit model to Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional software or supported third party analysis solutions. Once complete, analysis results can be easily stored and explored in the Revit environment.
The following enhancements are available in version 2016:
- Gravity analysis: Apart from static analysis, you can perform gravity analysis. It is the analysis type which by deducing the flow paths of loads lets you determine how vertical loads are transmitted from the top to the foundation of the model.
- Result Explorer: You can display and explore types of results for gravity analysis.
- Perform analysis: You can perform a batch of analyses simultaneously. In the Analyze in Cloud dialog, you can specify a type and parameters for several analyses.
- Website - 3D Structure Viewer: You can display results for static analysis and gravity analysis in 3D Structure Viewer. Moreover, you can display detailed results. Results for members and surfaces are presented in the Local Coordinate System (LCS).
- Website - 3D Structure Viewer: On mobile devices, you can zoom in/out, pan, and rotate a model using gestures.
- Website - project page: You can share an analysis with collaborators. Collaborators cannot edit results and cannot download them to the Revit project. They can view analysis results, view a report, and download the Robot model with and without results.
- Website - dashboard: You can open the Autodesk® 360 Structural Analysis dashboard on the website clicking Analyze tab > Structural Analysis > Open Dashboard.
- List of messages: You can toggle on and off the list of messages containing information about performed analyses by clicking Analyze tab > Structural Analysis > Messages.
- Revit - Robot Integration: When updating a Revit model with changes in section sizes, the link checks compatibility between the section size from Robot and family types loaded to the Revit project. If it identifies a family type compatible with a Robot section, it updates the Revit model with it.
- Revit - Robot Integration: You can specify which levels to transfer as story levels and which levels as structure axes to the Robot model.
- Revit - Robot Integration: During the Revit - Robot link process, orientation of loads is transferred. Loads are presented in the Local Coordinate System or Global Coordinate System, depending on how they are defined in Revit.
About This VersionVersion 2016.0, 4/12/2016