Life is too short for manually purging CAD files from your Autodesk® Revit® model. With DWG Explorer (renamed to CAD Files Explorer since version 2019):
1. You can instantly see all CAD files in your Revit project or family. These can be DWGs as well as any other CAD file types Revit accepts such as DXFs, DGNs, SKPs or SATs. Each file will show if it is linked or imported, independent or view-specific. View-dependent CAD files will show if they are still visible in their host views. If not, probably delete them!
2. You can instantly select & show each CAD file in its host view, delete it, or list all views & sheets where that file is visible. The app can then instantly open each of these views & sheets and zoom to the CAD is for you.
3. You can directly delete CAD file names that show under VG > Imported Categories which may still be there even after you have removed all their copies from the model. This is also the quickest way to delete multiple copies of the same CAD file from Revit.
4. You can delete object styles resulted from someone exploding a CAD file in Revit. This will help reduce the negative impact of exploded DWGs on your model performance. These object styles will show clearly in our report as their names follow the format [Original CAD file name].[CAD layer name].
5. You can quickly scan all loaded families in the project to find nested CAD files at any nesting levels. Your families or project won’t be modified during the scan.
For the complete app overview and user guide, please visit http://rv-boost.com/revit-plugins/dwg-explorer/
Have a try and get some valuable free time you surely can better spend away from your Revit screen!
Licensing options: You can use this app on either a monthly subscription or a one-month license. For the latter, simply subscribe to the default monthly payment plan, install the app, and then immediately cancel your subscription following the instruction at https://apps.autodesk.com/en/Public/FAQ. The app will then remain functional for 1 month, at which point you can extend the subscription for another month by opting in & then opting out again. You can repeat this process as many times as you like.