Automate accessibility analysis within your BIM model.
Xinaps Accessibility Evaluator™, working as a plugin within Autodesk Revit®, automates meeting accessibility standards. It validates whether all elements of your building model are reachable by foot, car, wheelchair, hospital bed, shopping cart and more.
As different design options are investigated, it provides decision-making support via immediate status checks against all the accessibility requirements. As a result, optimal design decisions are made faster and more functional buildings are built. It is especially relevant to design professionals and architects.
The plug-in is offered on an annual subscription basis.
- Meet the most crucial aspects of building regulations regarding:
o The American Disabilities Act (ADA)
o Accessibility Board Guidelines (ABA) for governmental buildings
o Access Audit Handbook by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
o other local standards
- Accessibility profiles - Based on local standards, create custom accessibility profiles for people and different sizes of wheelchairs, shopping carts, hospital beds, etc. Each profile sets critical parameters such as dimensions of rooms, corridors, doors, stairs, ramps, elevators, escalators, and more.
- Indoor pathfinding - Patented unique algorithm for A to B navigation within the building. Automatically draw the shortest distance from an entrance door to a room, or to any object within the building model in 2D (within your Revit Floor Plans) and in 3D (within the plug-in). The pathfinder takes into account the local standards regarding accessible parts of the building.
- Adjacency rulesets - Create custom rules to analyze the proximity of objects of interest (the closest toilet, printer, coffee machine etc.). Validate the adjacencies between rooms and objects. Check the total distance and visualize the navigation path from point A to point B.
- 2D and 3D visualizations - Visualize in a schematic 2D floor plan the accessible rooms in blue (fully accessible) and grey (inaccessible) per floor. Highlight the building elements meeting the requirements (green) and not meeting the requirements (grey). Get a holistic 3D overview of all floors altogether right within the plug-in. This helps to quickly spot problematic areas and address them in early design stage.