Carbo Life Calculator
Carbo Life Calculator is the perfect tool to calculate the embodied carbon in a building with a single press of a button. Using data from EPD's or self-defined materials & values, the Carbo Life Calculator automatically interprets your Autodesk® Revit® model and presents you its embodied carbon.
Using this tool allows anybody to calculate the embodied carbon of a design while giving full freedom to the user to select materials, edit or expand the material database to report and optimize the embodied carbon. As a Revit plugin, you will also be able to create "heatmaps" from the calculation results, making it just a press of a few buttons to create some great 3D visualizations to show the embodied carbon. You can also export the embodied carbon values back as a parameter into the Revit elements and use in-Revit-schedules in ways of your liking. Or why not export the entire database to excel and create your own graphs and reports as you please. There are many ways the Carbo Life Calculator can be of use:
Carbo Life Calc is flexible, and can help assess your project in many ways:
- It’s a full embodied carbon calculator;
- Use it as a simple quantity snooping tool;
- Keep it as a database for your embodied carbon values;
- Optional by comparing various design options;
- Use it as a tool to study in-depth what embodied carbon is;
- Optimize materials to find low-carbon solutions, and present their impact;
- Various export methods take your calculation and visualizations to a new level.
Give it a go, good luck!
It's a very easy to use tool and provides a lot of interesting information for the model!
great tool, very easy to use!
Revit was needing this program. Well done, thanks for sharing.