Revolutionize your Construction Model Workflow! If you manage Revit® construction models, this addin will significantly improve how you directly leverage design model geometry. PCL PartsLab is a free Autodesk® Revit® model browser that automates the creation, visualization, and change management of Revit Parts. Drastically reduce time and clicks by instantly creating thousands of Parts from targeted categories/families/types. Context sensitive tools assist in quick hiding & isolation. The managed history view helps you keep track of when design updates happened, and what changed.
- Supports Autodesk® Revit® 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 (all verticals supported)
- Browse linked model categories/families/types from the aggregated construction model
- Filter linked model categories/families/types content by Level
- Create thousands of native Revit® Parts from targeted categories/families/types
- Automatically associates the level of Parts from linked-model objects
- Creates and manages a 3D history view of all Parts created
- Context ribbon tools that Hide/Isolate Parts by original categories/families/types
- Use as investigative tool for Linked model content, shows object counts
- Copy selected family/type definitions from linked models into your current model
Revit Parts are typically used in the construction documentation process when modifications to host objects are required (including linked-model objects) like foundations, floor slabs, walls, concrete columns, concrete beams, structural steel… without actually modifying those host objects in the linked models. Native Revit functionality lets you divide Parts created from walls, floors, and other objects into pours that can be dimensioned, give accurate take-offs & host families like embeds & blockouts. PCL uses this workflow to prevent documentation rework after design model updates, specifically changes within linked design models. Watch our YouTube videos for more information.
Note: This app uses a custom installer (and not the standard App Store installer).