Express Family Layout
Automatically place user-managed loadable families in Autodesk® Revit® projects by category or family type. In addition, you can arrange families that need host elements, such as doors and windows that require walls. You can add different parameters for each project.
1. Description of the Family Layout dialog box
- Family File List: List of loadable family files to be placed
- Layout start position: User-specified start position
- Column: When placing a family you can place it in the x-direction number
- Folder ...: Select a folder and add all the families of the folder to the list
- File (s)...: Select a family file and add it to the list.
- Select All: Change all items on the list to check.
- Deselect All: Change all items in the list to unchecked.
- Invert selection: Selected by reversing the selection of items in the family list
- Add UserParameter: Added user parameters
- Family Parameter Edit ...: Add or delete parameters using a text editor
- Execute: Executes batch execution (When execution is completed, the dialog box is automatically closed)
- Close: Close the dialog box.
2. Supported loadable family types
- Structural Column
- Structural foundation
- structural reinforcement
- Structural connection
- structural retaining wall
- Structure truss
- Structure frame
- Detail items
- General model
- cable tray
- Special facilities
- Fire Protection
building a library requieres often to get an overview.
this Tools is really helpful.
A few feedbacks.
#1 I would prefer model line instead of detail lines for the boundary.But I can just switch to it.
#2 All MEP cateories to be available would be nice...
Thank you for the tool!
Extremely useful FREE tool. Lays out the families. I am docking a star for the User Parameters which are not customizable and errors out. In the video it shows that they are customizable, however, it cannot handle Parameter names with spaces or Default value being empty. The formatting of the file is weird too. multiple tabs that do not align with the format field header locations.
Thanks for reporting the problem. I've fixed the problem and am testing it. (version 1.0.5) - Changed the field separator in the family parameter file from 'Tab' to 'comma'. - Fixed a bug that occurred when parameter names contained whitespace. If testing doesn't find any issues, we'll proceed with redeployment to the Autodesk App Store.
Thanks, Sunghan for your quick reply and fix. I will download the update and give feedback!
Very simple and very useful, thankx.
Thank you for this addin.
I wait for 2020.
it is missing a function :
The ability to add all or part of families included in the project
And a function that I would like is to be able to transfer the view to a legend!
thanks for your dev.