SimCFD Energy BalanceWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
1) Run the Simulation to convergence.
2) Align planes to the inlet and outlet of your flow path.
a. Define the Inlet location:
i. Create a results plane, and position it at the model inlet. The ‘align to surface’ is a good tool to use to position the plane just at the opening.
ii. Rename the plane to “Inlet” (Note: This is case sensitive.)
b. Define the Outlet location:
i. Create a results plane, and position it at the model outlet. The ‘align to surface’ is a good tool to use to position the plane just at the opening.
ii. Rename the plane to “Outlet” (Note: This is case sensitive.)
3) From the Add-Ins tab, Energy Balance panel, click Energy Balance.
4) Specify the Specific Heat of the working fluid.
5) The Calculator displays results in the Output bar and exports them to Microsoft® Excel.
a. The results contain the Design Name, Scenario Name, and the energy change of the working fluid: Note: Energy values are displayed in units of Watts.
To uninstall the add-in
1. Open the Autodesk Exchange App Manager from the Windows Start menu. (Start > All Programs > Autodesk > Autodesk Simulation CFD <version> Autodesk Exchange App Manager.)
2. Select the SimCFD Energy Balance app.
3. Click Uninstall.
The Calculator only supports models with a single inlet and outlet. Computed results have similar limitations as summary planes.
|Version Number||Version Description|