SimCFD Cv CalculatorWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
1) Run the Simulation to convergence.
2) Define measurement locations.
a. Define the Inlet measurement location:
i. Create a results plane, and position it at the model inlet (or upstream measurement location).
ii. Rename the plane to “Inlet” (Note: This is case sensitive.)
b. Define the Outlet measurement location:
i. Create a results plane, and position it at the model outlet (or at downstream measurement location).
ii. Rename the plane to “Outlet” (Note: This is case sensitive.)
3) From the Add-Ins tab, Cv Calculator panel, select the appropriate calculator for your fluid type (Cv Liquids or Cv Gas).
4) Define the multiplier for models that include symmetry. For example, if the model is a quarter symmetry representation, specify a value of 4. If the geometry is not a symmetric representation, use the default value of 1.
5) The Calculator displays results in the Output bar and exports them to Microsoft® Excel.
a. For simulations in which liquid is the working fluid, the results contain the Design Name, Scenario name, and Cv value.
b. For simulations in which gas is the working fluid, the results contain the Design Name, Scenario Name, Cv value, and Critical Flow Indicator. (1 = Critical; 0 = Non-critical flow):
To uninstall the add-in
1. Open the Autodesk Exchange App Manager from the Windows Start menu. (Start > All Programs > Autodesk > Autodesk Simulation CFD <version> Autodesk Exchange App Manager.)
2. Select the SimCFD Cv Calculator app.
3. Click Uninstall.
The Calculator applies only for models with one inlet and one outlet. Computed results have similar limitations as summary planes.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Update to Support 2019|