Project Thunderdome for Autodesk® Vault® 2020Win64, English
General Usage Instructions
Project Thunderdome for Vault 2020 allows sharing local Vault settings and content between users.
Administrator manages settings and content to be deployed. Once users log into Vault with shared content, they will receive a notification displaying available updates.
To create deployment, follow menu Tools > Thunderdome > Create deployment. Select items to deploy and the folder for saving results. Click OK button to create deployment.
It is also possible to back up settings Tools > Thunderdome > Backup Vault Settings.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store has already installed the app/plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button.
To uninstall this plug-in, GoTo "Autodesk Exchange App Manager" under Vault > Right mouse button click on the app name > Uninstall
OR, you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8.1/10) or Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
- Project Thunderdome must be installed first on a user’s computer before deployments can be pushed to that user.
- Data Standard itself will not be deployed by Project Thunderdome. Only the Data Standard customizations are pushed.
- The deployment settings are stored in a file called Deployment.td. The Vault administrator should set the security on this file so that it is read-only for regular Vault users.
- For security reasons, files related to login are not part of the backup nor can they be added to deployments.
- There cannot be any more than 1 deployment file in a given Vault.
- Deploying items in the "Configuration Files" section will overwrite user's existing settings. For example, deploying "Shortcuts" will overwrite user's shortcuts with the shortcuts in the deployment file.
- Plug-ins will only be deployed if the user does not already have the plug-in. Project Thunderdome will not attempt to update or patch existing plug-ins.
- If somebody selects the "No, and never ask me again" option when prompted then later changes their mind, the dialog can be re-activated by deleting the "settings.xml" file in the Project Thunderdome install location.
- Not all plug-ins can be part of a deployment. Only plug-ins from justonesandzeros.typepad.com and plug-ins signed with Thunderdome.snk will be included. This behavior is to avoid conflicts with the Vault App Store. To make the plug-in deployable, find Thunderdome.snk by downloading the source code from https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-customization/bd-p/301
- In the 'Create Deployment' dialog, the first level of checkboxes is for multi-select only. The second-tier checkboxes is what determines the contents of the package.
Uninstall previous versions of Thunderdome before installing the new version.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Added support of Vault 2020.|
|Added support of Autodesk Vault 2020.|