Academic PackageWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
Prepare a student list and import it via the "Setup Student“ button. Watch and follow the Getting Started guide if you find the App not self explanatory.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
You can find the “Setup Student” command in the “Tools” menu and the “Advanced” toolbar. To activate it, you have to select the folder in which you want to create the folder structure for the course.
Setup Student HTML Docs
This links brings you to the mecke engineering website, where you can find additional information and documents for your lecture / CAD course.
- Download the Vault App from the Autodesk® AppStore
- Close the Vault Client
- Execute the msi Installer. It will check for the existing installations and add the Extension files into the Folder: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Vault 20xx\Extensions
- Start the Vault Client
- Check if you find buttons in the Advanced Toolbar and in the Tools menu. Note that it only activates when you select a folder (see screenshot)
- Within the folder picker, select the participants list. It must comply with the example file (see above) or here:
You can uninstall it from 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) or Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
To get your CAD course up and running, you should consider the following tasks (and more), which this guide does not cover.
- Define a Naming convention and enforce unique filenames in your Vault
- Decide if the children of your objects in the Vault have to be released first
(release the parts of an assembly before or together with the assembly)
- Create a single project file (ipj) of the type Vault and enforce it in your Vault settings
- Define a concept for the handling of standard part and the use of Content Centers
If you need support regarding the setup of the CAD course, let me know!
Please write me an Email or get in touch via the contact form.
For support requests, please secure the logs from C:\temp\_meiand make lots of screenshots.
|Version Number||Version Description|