This plug-in is designed for users working with large projects and storing models on a server. It enables users to easily connect to the server, upload or download information, and make changes directly from within Rhino.
The set of operations includes:
- Log In – Allows users to connect to the server with their account.
- Log Out – Allows users to disconnect from the server.
- Open – Allows users to load a file from the Autodesk® Vault® server into their working directory. The plug-in supports two modes of opening: Read-only and Check-out. Read-only downloads the file and opens it in read-only mode. In Check-out mode, the file is downloaded, the status is set to Check-out at the server, and the file is opened for changes.
- Vault Explorer – Allows users to browse files in Vault viewing detailed information about them such as history, uses/where used, comments, and preview
- Refresh – Downloads the latest version of the opened file from the Vault server.
- Check-in – Allows users to upload a new version of the file to the Vault server with comments.
- Check-out – Sets Check-out status to current file at the Vault server.
- Undo Check-out – Reverses the Check-out operation, and enables other users to make changes to the file.
- Go to Workspace – Opens the work folder in Windows Explorer.
Please see the short video demonstration here.
About This VersionVersion 126.96.36.199, 4/12/2016
To make work flow more similar to common Vault Add-ins, Version 1.1 contains referenced models support and a new Vault Explorer feature.
Released for Autodesk® Vault® Basic 2014, Autodesk® Vault® Basic 2015 and Autodesk® Vault® 2016