The IFC exporter for Autodesk® Revit® 2014 and contains up-to-date improvements on the default IFC export capabilities of Revit contributed by Autodesk and our Open Source contributors.
While this app is not necessary for IFC support, it is recommended that users that depend on the quality of their IFC export download this app and keep it up-to-date, as new enhancements and defect fixes are added, for more information on IFC, please visit the building SMART website ( http://buildingsmart.org) or the Revit wiki ( http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/enu).
About This VersionVersion 3.13.0, 4/12/2016
- Allow IfcLongName to override the "LongName" attribute for levels.
- Rooms can now be exported from 3D views even when exporting only elements visible in view. If the option is chosen to export rooms, then all rooms inside or bordering the bounding box of the section box will be exported. If the section box isn't active, all rooms will be exported.
- Work in progress: users can now opt to export files according to the IFC4 Reference View MVD. This will result in IFC4 files that use IfcTriangulatedFaceSet instead of IfcFacetedBRep, resulting in significantly smaller IFC files. There are still some cases where IfcFacetedBReps show up in these files, and there are some cases where the tessellation isn't optimized for the reference view; this will be improved in upcoming releases.
- Fix export of files with a project north value different than true north that would cause a slight shift in elevation.
- Fix export of some IfcCurveBoundedPlanes with more outer loops than inner loops.
- Fix the location of some assemblies on export.
- Fix the base quantities export for walls and columns when they are split by level.
- Improve splitting of walls in some cases when they are split by level on export.
- Improved the export of some entities with extruded surface geometry with clippings and openings where some clippings and openings were not being exported.
- Properly scale the volume of columns when base quantities are exported for non-imperial projects.