With this plugin, you can quickly make the connection of parts type “dado joint” or “rabbet joint”. Such joints are widely used in the furniture and woodworking industries, the production of frames, walls and exhibition stands. The program itself will find solids that come into contact (touch) with each other and will extend one body (makes tenon) and create dado/rabbet in another.
Also the program can:
- Make curved dadoes/rabbet.
- Make dadoes with a gap for soft compound parts.
- Make the right set of dadoes. Simply select the entire assembly and call the command DadoJoint.
- Ignore suspicious small contact of solids. This optional.
- Shot command name DDJ for keyboard entry.
- Saves your settings between runs Autodesk® AutoCAD®.
The program is especially useful for assemblies built by the method cut-off parts from the workpiece (see examples and description of AVC_Slice plugin).
There are a number of limitations:
- The program will only works 3d solids.
- The planes of contact should be flat. Solid face must be based on Region, not Surface. Solids that you have imported from other programs, usually based on Surface. Their contacts are not likely to be found.
- The program is optimized for the dadoes, which can be produced on a CNC 2D+ milling. Any angled edges are ignored, dado and tenon is always done exactly perpendicular to the contact plane.
According to your request I can optimize the command for the standards of your company. Offer your price.
Plugin compatible with AutoCAD 2013 and newer, x32 and x64. Tested on Autodesk® AutoCAD® Mechanical, but all over vertical must work. There is English and Russian localization.
The trial period is 20 days.