SoftDraft Steel2D JIS
Digitally signed app
Steel2D-JIS is a powerful CAD software app designed specifically for creating steel shapes in 2D views, including Plan, Section, and Elevation views based on the Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS) database. The app allows users to create complex shapes in a simplified, non-segmented polyline format. To ensure that the file size is kept to a minimum, Steel2D-JIS creates each shape as an Autodesk® AutoCAD® block. In addition, the app allows users to quickly and easily modify existing shapes to their exact specifications. Furthermore, users can create the shapes directly in their CAD program without having to manually input the dimensions of the shape. This helps users save time and ensures accuracy in their designs.
Includes these steel shapes from the JIS library database:
- H - Shape
- I - Beam
- C - Channel
- L - Equal Angles
- CHS - Round Pipes
- RHSS - Equal Tubes
- SHSS - Unequal Tubes
Shape placement options include:
- "Top Left"
- "Top Center"
- "Top Right"
- "Bottom Left"
- "Bottom Center"
- "Bottom Right"
- Create shapes in plan, section, elevation or single line as required.
- Create simple or complex shapes made from a single non-segmented polyline.
- Shapes are created as an AutoCAD block to keep file size minimized.
- All shapes are created parametrically from the external data files.
- Shapes are attached to the cursor based on the insertion point selected and rotated after placement.
The installer is compatible with AutoCAD 2012 to 2024 (including other vertical products).