Many drawings don't use layout tabs as drawing sheets. Everything are drawn within title blocks inserted to the Model space!
If you want to convert that kind of drawing to the standard layout setup, this 7cad TitleBlock2Layout will help.
It is assumed that each drawing sheet in the model space is bound by a title block, and in each title block, there is an attribute as a drawing number. Then, the app will do the following.
- Ask for the title block name and the attribute tag.
- Ask the user to select one or many title blocks.
- For each title block:
- Create a new layout named after the attribute.
- Move the title block from the model space to the new layout.
- Set the block's scale to 1.
- Create a viewport on the title block.
- Zoom and twist the viewport to the title block's old position in the model space.
- Sort layout tabs by layout name.
To test the app, you can try this web version of the app for free:
Tip: At the start, copy a title block to an empty space. Then run the 7cad TitleBlock2Layout. Select that empty title block first. Then you get a new layout with that title block setup plot windows, scales, etc for the layout to your preferences. Because the app copies the last layout to create the new layout, you should rename the layout to "Z". Go back to Model space and run the TitleBlock2Layout command again. Now select all titleblocks and enjoy the result.