Batch export/import block info to/from worksheet
With this app, block references information can be quickly batch exported to/re-imported from Microsoft® Excel® worksheet.
The typical workflow is Export - Edit - Reimport
- Block insertion point (X,Y,Z) & rotation angle (in radian)
- Block attributes
- Dynamic properties
Unlike classic commands (ATTIN, ATTOUT), this app can extract coordinates, and layout names which are useful for sorting block refs.
Unlike the new powerful DATAEXTRACTION command, this app can re-import values from worksheets to update existing drawing block refs. Also, exporting/importing procedures are minimized to save time.
Typical working scenarios are:
- Batch numbering, naming .... sheet layout frame: By using attribute blocks as frames, the user can export them to Excel, edit drawing number/ name/ title... with the help of Excel Autofill feature to finish the attribute values. Re-import those update values and the manual work of adding incrementally is done;
- Rebuild drawing list from existing attribute block (used as drawing frames);
- Update coordinate attributes of crosshair block: Export block info, copy new coordinate values X Cad, Y Cad columns to attribute column; re-import from Excel to update;
- Exported block coordinates can be used for inquiry Station- offset, use Station offset for further sorting/editing;
- This app cannot create new block references, just export - edit - reimport to update objects. Block reference objects are recognized by their Handle property (some kind of object ID in a specific drawing);
- Users don't have to do anything with license registration;
- An enhanced version of this App, which performs much faster & can process multi drawing files is published Here (Paid App, perpetual license)