Furniture designers and exhibition stand designers are often faced with the requirement to provide all the details in the form of flat contours in the DXF-file format. Although this technology has been outdated for a long time, modern CAM programs have learned how to make 2d milling programs for CNC machines right on solid-details and straight from DWG. But people are conservative and DXF files are still needed. To fully automate this boring job, I created this DXF-export program. You just need to draw a 3d-model of furniture from solid parts. The program itself will then do the rest:
- Find the same parts regardless of their location in space.
- Lay out the details of the main plane in a flat plane XY.
- Will write, if necessary, the title to every detail with a description of the material and quantity.
- Will make flat contours of a detail, selections, dadoes, drillings.
- Assign layers to contours that are understood by popular CAM programs: BiesseWorks, BSolid, WoodWop, Thermwood
- In the layer names you can write down the milling depth, Z-position, drill diameters, any properties of detail and any text, for example, tool number.
- Replaces drilling contours with blocks as required, for example WoodWop
- Will create, if necessary, a rectangle in the size of the workpiece.
- Save contours to DXF files
- You can configure to save all the details in a single DXF file, or you can save all the details separately.
- You can create subdirectories for the layers of the original solids, materials, colors, thicknesses.
- Already configured 7 CNC-styles for different naming layers, different modes and machines.
- Milling Outside/Inside/Drilling
- Milling Through/Inside
- Milling Inlay
- Milling Biesse BSolid
- Milling Homag WoodWOP
- Milling Thermwood
- You can customize all options in the dialog box and in the Autodesk® AutoCAD® settings window.
The program uses all the features of the Lay command: numbering parts, setting up headings, multiplying quantities, sorting parts, etc.
All the possibilities of optimization of contours, rounding corners are also available, as in the Outside Loop program (OSL)
The program can interact with the Names plugin. The name of the part and other properties of the solid can be used in the title, in the name of the subdirectory and the dxf-file name.
The program works only with 3d-solids, does not work with meshes, surfaces and blocks. Just like the rest of the AutoCAD commands, my program in most cases will not be able to work with solids imported from other programs.
The program does not know how to directly control CNC machines, does not create control programs in G-codes, does not assign machining modes and cutting tools. Only contours in DXF. You will have to use the CAM program installed on your machine. However, my program will save you from acquiring a separate full-fledged CAM.
The program is suitable for 2D and 2.5D milling or laser cutting. Sawing operations are not recognized. Curved 3D surfaces are not machined.
Download the plugin in the AVC_DXF_nnnn_nn.7z archive. You can use the program for free, but from time to time the activation window will appear. If you donate at least $30, you can disable this window.
The DXFExport command is also included in the set A>V>C> Pro.