If you often come across dwg files exported from visualization programs such as Autodesk® 3Ds Max® or SketchUp, then you certainly notice that the 3D models in these files are not solid, but polygonal ones, consisting of meshes. Moreover, often Polyface Mesh are found, which has not been used in dwg for a longer period. No command works with these meshes. These meshes can neither be measured, nor transformed into something normal, nor even exploded.
But now you have a tool that will solve this problem. The MeshToSolid command works with both older Polyface Meshes and normal Meshes (SubDMesh). It will allow you to collect a solid from the meshes, and if that doesn't work, then at least convert the PolyfaceMesh to Mesh. As a last resort, you now also have a mesh explosion program that converts any meshes into lines in one click. Now you can measure this architectural sketch normally in order to build a complete solid model.
- Convert PolyfaceMesh to Mesh
- Glue, scattered pieces of meshes into one closed mesh
- Convert closed meshes to 3D Solid
- Explode PolyfaceMesh and 3D Face on Lines
- Meshes can be selected before calling the commands
- You can handle several meshes at once.
- Mesh properties (layer, color ...) are transferred to the new solid / lines
- Commands do not require any configuration
Meshes with more than 10,000 faces are not processed as this can obscure Autodesk® AutoCAD®.
Download the plugin in the archive AVC_MeshToSolid_nnnn_nn.7z
You can use the program for free, but from time to time the activation window will appear. If you donate at least $10, you can disable this window.
Сведения об этой версии
Версия 2020.10.2, 13.09.2021
Added 2022 support (No change in version number)