TL L-System Generator
An L-system or Lindenmayer system is a parallel rewriting system and a type of formal grammar. An L-system consists of an alphabet of symbols that can be used to make strings, a collection of production rules that expand each symbol into some larger string of symbols, an initial "axiom" string from which to begin construction, and a mechanism for translating the generated strings into geometric structures. L-systems were introduced and developed in 1968 by Aristid Lindenmayer, a Hungarian theoretical biologist and botanist at the University of Utrecht. Lindenmayer used L-systems to describe the behaviour of plant cells and to model the growth processes of plant development. L-systems have also been used to model the morphology of a variety of organisms and can be used to generate self-similar fractals.
Read more at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-system
This app provides a GUI interface for generating L-Systems inside Autodesk® AutoCAD®.
- Native AutoCAD GUI palette interface
- Unlimited number of rules
- Fully customizable Grammar in a dedicated tab
- Stochastic/probabilistic rules support
- Automatic randomization of length and angle parameters
- Interactive geometry generation
- Detailed command line output for debugging
- Load/Save custom L-System definitions from/to an XML file
- A Pre-set library with 50 example L-System definitions
- Max Output Sentence length control
- AutoCAD Line and Point objects supported with optional automatic grouping