This plugin complements the Autodesk® AutoCAD® properties panel. Having opened a new palette of properties A>V>C> you will see that a new line has appeared in the properties' palette of any drawing object, Name.
Previously, only blocks had names. Now the name is in the polylines, solids, meshes, regions and everything else. You can edit the name directly in the property editor, including a block. Many more useful properties will be added to drawing objects.
Previously, these functions were performed by the Names plugin. Now it is not relevant, use the A>V>C> Properties Palette instead.
Initially, the plugin was created for the convenience of working with other plugins, Lay and Sawing Table (Saw), where there is a need for naming details. But you can adapt the names for any of your purposes. Now you have a place to store any information about any AutoCAD object.
In addition, the program can:
- Add a couple of text fields to the properties of all objects: Information and Type.
- Add two properties of the Yes/No type to the properties of solids: Sweep and Mirror. These properties use the Plugins Lay and Sawing Table, but you can use them for your own purposes.
- Add the Texture property to the properties of solids, which takes the value No / Along / Across. This is used for parts with a pattern such as wood fibers.
- Add a whole section of Metric to the properties of solids. In it you will see all the dimensions of the part. This is great for finding parts of the same size. Moreover, the size does not depend on how the part is deployed in space.
- Add properties to materials - you can adjust the density, price and other properties of materials. After that, it will be possible to calculate the weight and cost of the parts (when calculating in metric)
- The app allows you to edit the format of the Smart Leader.
- New properties are copied with the object even when copying to another file (except for the metric).
- For the convenience of entering long texts, you can open separate panels for the Name, Type and Information properties.
- Palette A>V>C> allows you to conveniently edit the names and descriptions of blocks.
The plugin has several settings of its own, and in addition, its work is affected by the A>V>C> Common Options.
If you develop your plugins or program in LISP, then you can read all the data displayed in this palette. All this data is stored in xData ("extended data") solids and other objects.
The palette itself is presented in Russian and English, but all command line messages and property names are adapted for the English, Russian, Italian and German localization of AutoCAD.
Download the plugin in the archive AVC_Palette_nnnn_nn.7z
You can download and use the program for free, but an activation window will periodically appear. If you donate at least $10, you can turn off this window.