Enla, engineer's Length and Area add-in.
Select lines, polylines, circles or hatches in Autodesk® AutoCAD® and have their length and area values in a list. You can also select solids, and have their volume or centroid.
- select, copy, zoom
- check values, to find the object you need
- insert into drawing, as MText, Text or (dynamic) Block
- export to TXT, CSV, or JSON
And of that will cover most of your daily needs.
- use formula field to evaluate values received from objects with your own custom math expressions
- insert as combined text, next to each object, or pick location
- insert (dynamic) blocks, with attributes filled with result of functions
- override block position to match results of math expression
- override dynamic block properties such as flip parameters or visibility to match result of expressions
To evaluate objects, use standard math expressions in formula tab with optional Enla variables, read directly from selected object:
|tag||custom text tag, saved to object in drawing|
|n||position of object within list|
|cc||incremental value, number of clicks on cumulative button|
|start||start point of line, polyline or similar|
|center||center point of any object|
|centroid||centroid point, if available|
or group variables (for aplicable functions)
|Lt||total length of all objects|
|Ls||length of objects selected in list|
|At||total area of all objects|
|As||area of objects selected in list|
Functions are standard math or logic functions, with introduction of a few special
group function, returns array of results of previous function
Important: to avoid circular definitions, all functions are calculated from top to bottom for each function in sequence
|x(), y(), z()||get single value out of point (start, end...)|
|val("any text")||evaluates text (usefull for custom vars, since they are all text)|
|text(num,"0#")||apply custom formating, using custom strings|
|sum(Lt)||sum of lengths of all objects|
|average(As)||average area of objects selected in list|
|L * 100 / sum (Lt)||percentage of length in relation to total length|
|L > average (Lt)||1 or 0, compare how individual L relates to the average length|
- if some function accepts two parameters, they must be separated properly with either ; or , sign, depending on your preset windows settings.
- rembember the order of calculations (top to bottom, then left to right)
- take care, double check results - it may be not what you need need, or it may be wrong all together
This add-in is the free version of Enla. You may use this add-in for a non-commercial purpose, or you should consider buying Enla.