SoftDraft Steel2K2D Imperial
Digitally signed app
Structural Steel Shapes 2D Detailing
Structural Steel Shapes includes W-Shapes, channels, single/double angles, square & rectangular tubing, pipes, M, S, HP shapes and tees as listed in the Steel Manual. All steel shapes are created from a single polyline and made into an Autodesk® AutoCAD® block when inserted as section views.
All structural steel shapes are parametrically drawn according to the “Manual of Steel Construction” of the American Institute of Steel Construction, Inc. Steel shapes use external data files for use with other structural standards.
One main dialog controls access to all shapes allowing multiple insertion points, layer, color, linetype control and the ability for the user to specify exaggerated dimensions, for details, before placement of each shape.
Shape Libraries include:
- Create shapes in plan, section, elevation or single line as required.
- Create simple or complex shapes made from a single non-segmented polyline.
- Shapes are created as an AutoCAD block to keep file size minimized.
- Ability to cope with ends of W-Shapes in elevation view.
- List shape properties from drawing after shape placement or within the dialog box.
- All shapes are created parametrically from external data files.
- Shapes are attached to the cursor based on the insertion point selected and rotated after placement.
- Automatic shape notation by selecting an inserted shape.
- User-defined dimensions for shape details.
- A grid option allows the user to select a steel shape to be placed at the intersection of several grid lines.
Note: The installer is compatible with AutoCAD 2012 to 2024 (including other vertical products).