Batch attribute block ref. creation from worksheet
Digitally signed app
Autodesk® AutoCAD® block & block with attributes is great; Microsoft® Excel® worksheet autofill is also marvelous. Why don't we combine them?
This app is designed to use both of the above great features in one place: You can batch-create block references with attributes read from an Excel worksheet. Each worksheet column can be set corresponding to an attribute tag; each worksheet row text data corresponds to a block reference attributes' values.
Data required for positioning block references in the drawing are also retrieved from the worksheet, the same mechanic as the attribute, except the data type is numeric. Block references can be positioned in one of the following manners:
- Along with a profile view;
- By X, Y coordinates values in WCS;
- Along a 2D polyline;
- Along a Civil 3D alignment (Option (4) only available in Autodesk® Civil 3D® application).
Typical usage scenarios are:
- Insert structure block refs along profile/ alignment (eg: manhole block, pier/abutment block, culvert block, traffic sign block, tree block....)
- Insert description/comment block refs for those structures along with profile/ alignment
Typically, the app works with World Coordinates System (WCS) and Model space.
If the User Coordinate System (UCS) was used in the model, an implicit transformation to WCS is applied; App also works in Paper space (Layout) or inside an active Viewport, but in such cases, it is recommended that users should double-check the results before mass production.
- Users do not have to do any registration or sign in to their Autodesk account to run this Free App.
- Sample drawings and worksheets are placed in %programdata%\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\NTCL_BlockFromWorksheet.Bundle\Contents\SampleDrawings
- Users can get paid version of this app from Autodesk App Store: Perpetual license version or Subscription license version
Save me a lot of time. Instead of manually copy, rotate & edit attribute block, I can make use of existing Excel data table to fill-in the block references. Happy to see that 30-day limit is now unlimited.
However the number of attributes for Trial version (3 only) is quite small and the option for Civil 3D alignment is locked.
Dear Layiso, Thank you for your reviews. About enhanced features, you may have a look at our paid version with 12 attributes & Civil 3D alignment support. Best regards.