Area Object Link (AOL)
Area Object Link (AOL) is an add-in app coded entirely using AutoLISP®/Visual LISP® offering 100% Autodesk® AutoCAD® compatibility. AOL provides a graphic user interface (GUI) adding 4 new & powerful commands to facilitate the implementation of Fields but bypassing the complexity of the Fields GUI.
AOL Area Object Commands:
- Link - simplifies steps needed to Link the Area value of already drawn Circles, Ellipses, Hatches, Plines or Regions as Fields to already placed Attribute, MText or Text.
- Insert - proceeds to insert a pre-built AOL Block and then links using Fields the Attributes to already drawn Circles, Ellipses, Hatches, Plines or Regions' Area value.
- Show - allows the user to select an Attribute, MText or Text with Fields to show the object(s) highlighted & shaded that have linked Area values.
- Update - gives the user the option to select pre-built AOL Block, Attribute, MText and Text objects with Fields that contain linked Area values updating them to match the current AOL Option settings.
AOL Option Settings:
- Both Imperial (1 unit = 1 Foot or Inch) & Metric (1 unit = 1 Meter, Decimeter, Centimeter or Millimeter) drawing units are supported.
- The Area value can be measured both in Imperial units (Square Feet, Square Inch, Square Yard, Square Mile or Acre) & in Metric units (Square Meter, Square Centimeter, Square Millimeter, Hectare or Square Kilometer). You can also enter a custom area measuring Factor.
- You can select various Insertion Scale Factors, Rotation Angles, choose to add a Suffix to the Area's value such as SF or SM and show the Area value formatted to a given decimal Precision using Dot or Comma or Rounded Up or Down.