EC3 for Autodesk Construction Cloud®
This app integrates BuildingTransparency.org's Embodied Carbon in Construction Calculator (EC3) with Autodesk Construction Cloud®.
- Import Autodesk Takeoff packages in ACC directly into EC3 (requires Autodesk Takeoff subscription).
- Import Revit files in Autodesk Docs directly into EC3
- Export EC3 reports directly into Autodesk Docs, including the dedicated LEED and ICMS reports.
Autodesk® Revit® files on Autodesk Docs are brought into EC3 via the Forge interface, which enables displaying the results using the Large Model Viewer. Revit users whose family types include multiple layers of materials may prefer to use the Revit plugin 'tallyCAT' (https://www.buildingtransparency.org/tally/tallycat/) which is able to import multiple layers.
Using EC3 for Autodesk Construction Cloud
- Avoids the labor and errors involved in manually entering data into a carbon estimation tool.
- Helps you identify the critical areas where the largest embodied carbon savings are available
- Enables visualizations and reports that are easier to line up with other construction documents.
You will need:
- An EC3 account, which is free at https://buildingtransparency.org/auth/register
- To enable this app for your Autodesk Construction Cloud 'account'. Typically there is one such account per project, office, or company. The first time someone uses this app with an account, you will need someone with account-admin access to enable this app.
This app uses 3-legged Authentication when a user attempts to log in to Autodesk from EC3,
Note: This app is compatible with Autodesk® Build and Autodesk® BIM 360® Docs, and with Chrome, Edge, Safari, and Firefox, but not IE11.