There is a staggering array of information stored within average Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® project. However, accessing and sharing this information can be a real challenge even for the most experienced Civil 3D user.
ProjectExplorer is an easy to use, user-configurable, interactive window which is launched from within Civil 3D. Often considered to be a more powerful alternative to the Civil 3D Prospector, ProjectExplorer features a range of functionality including a powerful report & table generator, essential editing & design validation tools, and more.
- Style driven & user configurable - control the layout and content of both the ProjectExplorer window and any generated output with a range of styles which can be saved and restored on the fly.
- Dynamic profile/section views - Review profiles, assemblies, corridors, pipe runs and sample lines with an innovative range of dynamic profile and section views in the ProjectExplorer window.
- Editing & validation tools - Enjoy direct access to almost every parameter in your design. Many values can be directly edited or validated from the ProjectExplorer window via a series of tooltips, right-click menus and toolbars.
- Generate reports & spreadsheets - Experience the industry's leading report and spreadsheet generator for Civil 3D. Entirely style driven, user configurable, and fully automatable when used in conjunction with Object Sets.
- Generate Autodesk® AutoCAD® tables - Effortlessly place user configurable AutoCAD tables into your drawing, using a workflow which is broadly similar to ProjectExplorer's report generation process.
- 2D export to AutoCAD - Export portions of your Civil 3D project to 2D native AutoCAD drawings. The resulting drawings look identical to the originals, and make ideal lightweight starting points for contract drawings.
- Comparison tools - Compare the elevation, slope, and offset between alignments, profiles, corridors, pipe runs and surfaces - then dynamically monitor these relationships as your Civil 3D design evolves.
- Content filtering - Filter project content using a range of criteria such as specific point codes, link codes, profile types, elevation or slope ranges, surface types, pipe run paths, and more.
- Object search - Easily find any named object in your Civil 3D project then highlight, select, zoom or pan to it instantly in the AutoCAD viewport or ProjectExplorer window.
Discover the power of Object Sets
Take the pain out of generating reports, spreadsheets and AutoCAD drawings from your Civil 3D projects. With Object Sets, the content, layout, file type and path of any exported document can be preconfigured by the user. This allows each document to be generated or updated with a single click of the "Run Selected Action" button.
Once several Object Sets are configured in your drawing, the production or revision of an entire series of files is achieved with one click of the "Run All Actions" button. If you consider Civil 3D to be a single source of truth for your project, there is no better way to guarantee that all documents are in sync with your design.
ProjectExplorer stores a permanent history in your drawing of all generated documents. This allows version information to be reviewed, along with the creation date and originating user of every generated document.
This product will run in trial mode for up to 30 days with no restrictions in functionality.
Note: This app uses a custom installer (and not the standard App Store installer).