Enhanced section views creation
Section view creation in Autodesk® Civil 3D® is quite complicated with lots of parameters. Section views elevation range is hard to control & plot pages often leave large blanks.
This App will help ease the section view task by adding the following features:
- Flexible section views arrangement: Number of section views per row/ column is fixed by users
- New method for determining elevation range: Elevation range is now implicitly set through the minimum distance below & above sections
- Configuration saved to file: Previous session parameters are auto saved on Exit, and manually Reload if needed
- Enhanced style setting table: Section name replaced by Section source name, also a source type column is added for clarification
App creates Individual section views, NOT section view group. The following pros & cons of individual sectionviews created by this App should be aware of:
- Each section view can be manually moved to another position. Position not changed after an update event (eg: annotation scale changed, nearby section view deleted);
- Elevation range is implicitly calculated for each sectionview & recalibration for a sectionview row; which can minimize blanks & save plot paper;
- Section views offset range should not be less than the left & right Offset value of sample lines;
- When annotation scale change, section views should be deleted and re-created;
- Section view bandset cannot be replaced after creation (a critical error will occur if doing so).
Notes: This App is written for METRIC drawing. Imperial drawing may make use of this App, but the result may be unexpected.