This app will assist in modeling spill-cone-shaped surfaces in Autodesk® Civil 3D® (dirt mounds), update the original ground surface and compute fill/cut volumes of the resulting compound shapes. This is a task that comes up quite often in the mining industry for example during the design of solid waste dump sites.
The app allows the user to configure various parameters/options such as:
- Visualization of the resulting spill-cone surface
- Angle or repose
- Absolute or relative elevation values
- Number of points to be generated along the surface boundary
- Generation of a Civil 3D tin surface
- Auto patching of the Original ground surface (OG)
- Auto-generation of a volume surface
Positive and negative resulting shapes are possible (dumps or excavations) depending on the geometry and parameter values.
Upon initial invocation, the app will ask the user to pick a tin surface, specify the angle of repose and input an elevation value. Once these parameters are defined, the app will compute and dynamically draw the spill-cone surfaces at any point on the OG surface.
Please refer to the complete app documentation for a description of the parameters