Enla, engineer's Length and Area add-in, is designed to make reading and manipulation with length and area easier.
Select lines, polylines, circles or hatches in Autodesk® AutoCAD® and have their length and area values in a list.
From this point you can:
- select all or some items in list to see cumulative values
- click on "copy" icon to copy selected values to clipboard
- click on "zoomto" icon to zoom to that object in AutoCAD
- pin selected items to track object no matter of current AutoCAD selection, and watch values change as you change object's dimensions
- add a tag on selected items to make easy manipulation once values are pasted to, for example, Excel®
- choose round and scale options and the way values are shown (system locale or different)
- insert values in drawing as a text or field (where applicable), next to its originating object
- insert values as table
- insert as block and populate attributes or dynamic properties with values
- evaluate custom math expressions
To evaluate objects, use standard math expressions in formula tab with optional Enla variables
- L = length of object (when inserting as field, not all objects can use it)
- A = area of object (if object has it)
- n = position of object in list
- cc = incremental value, number of clicks on cumulative button
- tag = custom text tag, saved to object in drawing
- Lt = total length of all objects in list
- At = total area of all objects in list
- Ls = cumulative length of selected in list
- As = cumulative area of selected in list
L * 100 / sum (Lt) = percentage of length in relation to total length
average (As) = average area of objects selected in list
L > average (Lt) = 1 or 0, compare how individual L relates to the average length
This add-in is the free version of Enla. You may use this add-in for a non-commercial purpose, or you should consider buying Enla.
In terms of software features, the only difference between commercial and student version is just the title.