The application create a rack with gear for given parameters. All operations will be automatically grouped on timeline both for rack and gear.
At this moment you can set:
- pressure angle (14.5, 17.5, 20, 22.5, 25 degrees),
- clearance factor (0.188 or 0.25),
- thickness of rack and gear,
- teeth shape (straight, helical, herringbone),
- gear teeth number,
- gear backlash (as arc length),
- teeth direction of a gear (in case of helical and herringbone teeth),
- rack teeth number,
- rack backlash (in mm),
- rack height of pitch line,
- modelling rack teeth as hob tool (option),
- adding chamfers (option),
- width factor of chamfer (fraction of module),
- height factor of chamfer (fraction of module),
- showing progress (option).
Execution of plugin takes about half minute for small (ex. z10/z30) shafts on i7/8GB RAM/512GB SSD computer. If the option "Show progress?" is off and you don't see any effects for a minute, don't be a worry. There's also a standard Fusion progress bar in the lower right corner of the application and you can see if the plugin works.
Please make sure that the load analysis is done on gears designed by this plugin in real machines before releasing to production. An additional check is needed especially in case of undercuts:
- section analysis,
- interference analysis,
- load analysis,
- joints and motion simulation.
If you want to manufacture and use gears designed by this plugin in real machines, remember that they can break during load and cause damages, severe injuries or death of people without tests.