The application creates planetary gears for various set of parameters and automatically groups operations on timeline for sun, planet(s) and ring.
At this moment you can set:
- pressure angle (14.5, 17.5, 20, 22.5, 25 degrees),
- clearance factor (0.188 or 0.25),
- teeth shape (straight, helical, herringbone),
- sun teeth number,
- sun backlash (as arc length),
- sun profile shift coefficient factor,
- sun teeth direction (option in case of helical and herringbone),
- planet teeth number,
- planet backlash (as arc length),
- planet profile shift coefficient factor,
- planets count (also possible numbers),
- ring teeth number,
- ring backlash (as arc length),
- ring profile shift coefficient factor,
- adding chamfers (option),
- width factor of chamfer (fraction of module),
- height factor of chamfer (fraction of module),
- showing progress (option).
All backlashes are as length of arc in mm. At this moment there's no checking of interferences (involute, trochoid, trimming).
Execution of plugin takes about half minute for small (ex. z10/z30) shafts on i7/8GB RAM/512GB SSD computer. If the option "Show progress?" is off and you don't see any effects for a minute, don't be a worry. There's also a standard Fusion progress bar in the lower right corner of the application and you can see if the plugin works.
Please make sure that the load analysis is done on gears designed by this plugin in real machines before releasing to production. An additional check is needed especially in case of undercuts:
- section analysis,
- interference analysis,
- load analysis,
- joints and motion simulation.
If you want to manufacture and use gears designed by this plugin in real machines, remember that they can break during load and cause damages, severe injuries or death of people without tests.