GF Gear Generator
This is a minimalistic gear design application. As such, its designs are made following the metric module DIN standard series. Regardless, it is made for everyone, no matter your amount of knowledge or if you have an engineering background. It includes 11 different types of gears (7 standards, 2 non-standard and 2 experimental) for every project you might want to implement them in:
- Spur Gear.
- Simple/Double Helical Gear.
- 90° Bevel Gears.
- Gear Rack.
- Worm Gear Drive (helical and straight hobbed face).
- Standard Internal Spur Gear.
- Non-Standard Internal Spur Gear (tooth profile is inverted; it’s better for less trimming interference).
- Standard Internal Helical Gear.
- Non-Standard Internal Helical Gear (tooth profile is inverted; it’s better for less trimming interference).
- Profile Shifted Spur Gear (Experimental method).
- Profile Shifted Helical Gear (Experimental method).
Check out our FREE online gear designer STLGears.com
Contribute to this open source project @ Github/GF-Gear-Generator
Version 1.1.0 Changes include:
- English System now available.
- When creating gears, they are now placed into a new component.
- Normal method for helical gears is now supported.
- Normal method for helical racks is now supported.
- Screw gears are now possible.
- Profile shifting method was improved and resembles more closely the geometry produced by manufacturing.
- After creating a gear, key parameter values and selections are saved in the boxes for your convenience.
- Construction planes are hidden automatically when creating Double Helical Gears.
- Gears are no longer automatically created when clicking another command.
Patch 1.1.1 includes:
- Fixed rack generation error when default units are not mm.
- Bevel gears now show their apex construction point when created (by Mervill).
The two types considered non-standard were included for 3D printing since these designs of internal gears have proven to be practical when tight tolerances are a liability. Nonetheless, these designs are as useful as others.
Please note that the 2 profile shifting variants do not account for undercutting.