The plugin creates a rack with gears for given parameters. Models are created in a new document as direct design.
- Module (m) <0.5 ... 20> [mm],
- Pressure angle (α) <14.5, 25> [°],
- Clearance factor (cf) <0.1 ... 0.25>,
- Gear and rack thickness (t) <1m ... 50m> [mm],
- Teeth shape: straight, helical (right/left), double helical, herringbone,
- Helix angle (β) <10 ... 40> [°],
- Groove width (gw) <1m ... t-2m> [mm],
- Groove depth (gd) <0 ... rf> [mm],
- Gear teeth number (zg) <8 ... 200>,
- Gear backlash (bg) <-0.2 ... 0.2> [mm],
- Profile shift factor (x) <-1 ... 1>,
- Gear teeth direction: right, left,
- Rack teeth number (zr) <8 ... 300>,
- Rack backlash (br) <-0.2 ... 0.2> [mm],
- Height of pitch line (H) <3m ... 10m> [mm],
- Chamfers: none, both sides,
- Width factor of chamfer (fw) <0, 0.25>,
- Height factor of chamfer (fh) <0, 0.25>
- Save, load, reset parameters,
- Auto-loading last used parameters,
- Showing progress,
- Displaying estimated time,
- Ability of cancelling process,
- Adding joints,
- Axis in gear,
- preview: 3D model, 3D model with descriptions.
Execution of the plugin for small sets takes less than a half minute on i7/8GB RAM/512GB SSD computer. For a larger number of teeth, especially for helical and double helical it can take a few minutes. During the operation a progress bar with the current step is visible.
Program doesn't check interferences automatically and doesn't perform any analyse of prepared components. Please make sure that necessary check is done before releasing this onto production. Samples on how to perform interference, sections and motion analysis is presented on my YouTube channel.
このバージョンについてバージョン 3.0.0, 2020/05/20