The plugin creates a rack with gear for a given set of parameters. Units can be switched between millimeters and inches. You can change ordinary settings like module, pressure or helix angle or apply modifications by profile shifting, backlashes, tapering or chamfers. Components can be copied between documents and merged with other bodies or changed and reshaped if needed.
- units (millimeters or inches),
- gear teeth number,
- rack teeth number,
- pressure angle,
- clearance factor,
- the thickness of gear and rack,
- teeth shape: straight/helical/herringbone/double-helical/double helical (shifted),
- tooth view: normal or axial (for non-straight teeth),
- helix angle (for non-straight teeth),
- teeth direction: right/left (for non-straight teeth),
- groove width (for double helical teeth),
- groove depth (for double helical teeth), the height of pitch line,
- profile shift factor,
- taper factor,
- gear backlash,
- rack backlash,
- chamfers: none/both,
- chamfer width factor,
- chamfer height factor.
Detailed information about parameters is available on this site or in the Parameters.pdf document in the plugin’s installation folder (please check last tab Information to know where the plugin files are located).
- displaying the top land thickness of gear and rack,
- adding joints automatically (motion links saved in component's Properties field),
- parameters of gear and rack saved in components (Properties field),
- showing preview with or without parameters,
- save, load, reset, autoloading last used parameters,
- showing estimated time during changing parameters,
- showing process (canceling available),
- creating stages in a new document,
- showing descriptions and graphics of inputs,
How to use plugin and set parameters are shown in the attached videos.
Execution in most cases takes less than half of the minute on i7/8GB RAM/512GB SSD computer. During the operation a progress bar with the current step is visible and the process can be always canceled.
The plugin doesn't check interferences automatically and doesn't perform any analysis of prepared components. Please make sure that the necessary check is done before releasing this onto production. Simplest motion analysis can be done by using joints and motion rules prepared by the plugin. Both involute and trochoid interferences can be checked by eyes but there’s better, dedicated built-in tool available in Fusion 360.
Informacje na temat tej wersjiWersja 3.1.1, 15.09.2020
Zasady ochrony prywatności wydawcy