The application creates external and internal(*) parallel shafts for gears with straight, helical, double helical and herringbone teeth. The program automatically groups operation on the timeline for pinion and wheel.
- Module (mm),
- System type (module: normal, radial),
- Custom pressure angle (14.5 - 25 deg),
- Custom clearance factor (0 - 0.3, clearance = module * factor),
- Gears thickness (mm, include groove width in case of double helical),
- Teeth shape (straight, helical: right/left, double helical, herringbone),
- Helix angle (10 - 45 deg, for non-straight teeth),
- Groove width (mm, for double helical),
- Groove height (mm, for double helical),
- Pinion teeth number,
- Pinion backlash (mm, as arc length),
- Pinion root fillet radius factor (0 - clearance factor, radius = radius factor * module),
- Pinion profile shift coefficient factor,
- Direction of pinion teeth (right/left for helical),
- Wheel teeth number,
- Wheel backlash (mm, as arc length, only for external wheel),
- Wheel root fillet radius factor (0 - clearance factor, radius = radius factor * module),
- Wheel profile shift coefficient factor,
- Wheel side (external/internal)
- Adding chamfers,
- Width factor of chamfer (width = factor * module),
- Height factor of chamfer (height = factor * module),
- Button for saving parameters,
- Button for loading parameters,
- Button for resetting parameters,
- Auto-loading last used parameters when "Ok" has been clicked last time,
- Showing progress.
Execution of the plugin for a model (ex. z10/z30) takes less than half a minute on i7/8GB RAM/512GB SSD computer. For a larger number of teeth, especially for helical and double helical it takes few minutes. During the operation a progress bar with the current step is visible.
Please make sure that the load analysis is done on gears designed by this plugin in real machines before releasing it to production. An additional check is needed especially in the case of undercuts:
- section analysis,
- interference analysis,
- load analysis,
- joints and motion simulation.
The program doesn't check interference so additional checks in case of a low number of pinion teeth, low-pressure angles or internal shafts should be also performed.
If you want to manufacture and use gears designed by this plugin in real machines, remember that they can break during load and cause damages, severe injuries or death of people without tests.
(*)In case of an internal wheel gear with helical or double helical teeth, it can be manufactured by 3D printers (toys, proof of concepts).