Size to Parts List
Add the outer dimensions of your components to your Parts List and make sure they will stay up to date!
This add-on will add the bounding box size of your component to its description. A component's description can be shown in the drawing tables! (Parts List) The bounding box size of a component is its dimensions in the x-, y- and z-directions. (Also referred to as the Axis Aligned minimum Bounding Box.)
This app will:
- calculate the size of the components (bounding box);
- sort the sizes to describe the length, width and height of the component;
- add the result to the component's description. Don't worry about any other description information you would like to add as well. The add-on will only add the size and won't remove any existing description;
- keep the results up to date (updates are calculated at every save of the file).
- Right-click the component and select Link Size/Description. The size in the component's description will stay updated from now on.
- (Cancel the link by repeating the previous step.)
Components' rotations or movements have no influence on the calculated size. However; due to the app's limitation it is best practice to draw components aligned to the component's origin axes (X, Y & Z), this will prevent any calculation errors.
This tool will take into account user settings such as preferred units, the general precision, and mutiple display formats.
Only pay if you're satisfied: Get the free trial!