This addin is for Autodesk® Inventor® and Autodesk® Vault® users who are tired of switching back and forth between the model and Vault environment in the browser. This app will create a separate Vault browser, with all the same functionalities as the original Vault browser, and the browser can dock to either side of the Inventor window, or you can also make it floating inside or outside the Inventor window.
This addin will not create a whole new Vault browser from scratch. It actually takes the original Vault browser, and reuses it with a new dockable window. So the user interface, context menu and all the Vault functions are exactly the same as the original Vault browser. You don't need to learn anything new to get used to it, and you can go back to the old Vault browser anytime, just by closing the new browser window.
This addin is open source software. You can download the source code and modify the addin as you like. See the help page for details.
FEATURES AND USAGE
- The new MyVaultBrowser window is visible by default for the first time the addin is loaded.
- You can dock or undock the window as you like, just like any other dockable windows in Inventor.
- Inventor will remember the visibility, floating position or docking state of the browser window.
- If the window is closed, you can open it from View -> Windows -> User Interface.
- The original Vault browser is hidden when MyVaultBrowser is open.
- The original Vault browser is back when MyVaultBrowser is closed.
- You can also use keyboard shortcut to open or close the window, see the help page for details.
- At startup, the addin will check the status of the Vault addin. If the Vault addin is not loaded, it will ask you to load it.
- If you unload/reload Vault addin manually from the Add-in Manager, MyVaultBrowser will stop working. You need to unload/reload MyVaultBrowser addin to make it work again.
- You can add keyboard shortcut to toggle the browser in inventor customize setting.
See http://autode.sk/1PRIwiJ for very simple demonstration.