OpenBOM for Autodesk® Inventor® will:
- Create and manage several Bill-of-Materials types - Parts List / Single-Level / Multi-Level;
- Automatically send your CAD files to the cloud storage of your choice;
- Create and manage Part Catalogs and inventory levels;
- Create and manage Order BOMs;
- Create and Manage multi-level BOMs and rollup totals;
- Track and manage changes to a BOM;
- Automatically create 2D or 3D PDF and store them in the cloud;
- Share BOMs and related data files, e.g. CAD, PDFs and neutral files with others;
- Collaborate in real-time on a BOM or Part Catalog;
- Integrate with CAD and PDM systems;
- Synchronize BOM and Part Catalog data with other systems; and
- Import legacy Excel BOM and inventory spreadsheets.
To get started:
Download and install the Inventor app.
Head over to link and create an OpenBOM account using email.
Start Inventor, open the OpenBOM Settings dialog and enter the exact email and password used above. Use the Create Account or Forgot Password options as needed.
Begin creating BOMs using OpenBOM.
With OpenBOM your company will be better organized than ever possible using spreadsheets. OpenBOM is much simpler to use and more affordable than traditional PDM, PLM, and ERP systems.
Be sure to send email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems.
Note: This app uses a custom installer and not the Autodesk App Store standard installer.